Selling is more than one meeting – it’s a relentless focus on the numbers… every day.
At the end of the day, none of what we are doing is rocket science – we drive sales – we make brands win at retail…. How we do it and why you should choose us is not only because we are very good and well connected, it is the fact that we become a part of the companies we represent.
What differentiates OnRetail?
- We see ourselves as employees of the companies we work with.
- We behave as you would expect a top employee to behave… not just say yes – we will push internally and externally for results.
- We insist on knowing (if not being a part of developing) company strategy.
- We care about total company performance, supply chain concerns and total sales trends.
- We are analytically focused – we don’t just look at the top line numbers, we look for exceptions and store clusters. Not every item belongs in every store – there is not a “one size fits all” approach to items and retail.
- We are supply chain oriented (forecast accountability) – Looking at U/S/W alone won’t help drive forecast trends 26 weeks out. Key is using all tools available: other retailers, syndicated data, category trends, category forecast, retailer goals, brand goals, seasonality indexes and promotional strategy / trade spend… how is the retailer or brand pushing the season, item, category, etc.?
- We are process oriented – we look for anomalies and chase them but we also follow processes to identify trends and find those anomalies.
- We are strategic and opportunistic – we follow process and strategy but we are not afraid to jump on a smart opportunity to drive more sales.
- We are extremely connected and have a deep resources of partners. Whether it be marketing, packaging or logistics, we know who and how to get nearly anything accomplished.
- We are a full omnichannel resource. We can do all the basic blocking and tackling and we are connected to the best teams for 3rd party, non-broker, activity of driving SEM on the web.
Traditional Headquarter Selling:
We are an extension of your sales team reporting to the head of sales, focused on your goals and objectives – which become our goals and objectives. We are integrated into the community and bring decades of retail sales experience. We are your team on the ground fighting every minute for your / our brands.
Selling on eCommerce platforms can be intimidating – while it’s easy to set up items and be ready to sell online – it is a whole new level when it comes to driving sales and maximizing content. We will manage your eCommerce solution end to end and bring in the required SEM teams when necessary.
We work with emerging and growth brands focused on profitable growth with an exit strategy. We are more than an additional sales person – we provide the strategy and guidance for sales structure and planning to your team.
Reviewing sales numbers is not a once a week activity or something you do just prior to a line review. Advanced Analytics is managing exceptions, looking for store of the community opportunities, understand trends and reporting to our partners and retailers. This can be done as a stand alone business for teams that have a sales person in Bentonville but need the analytical support managed by analysts.
Supply Chain / Forecast Management:
Selling is not a one day activity – combined with advanced analytics we will constantly work with our supplier partners to maintain OTIF (service) scores and work beyond leadtimes to make sure we have the right product in the right place at the right time.
We started Started OnRetail because of our passion for products and retailers.
We are people whose spouses don’t want to shop with because we spend too much time looking at every item on every shelf. We admire features and secretly inspect people’s grocery baskets. We ask shoppers why they bought that flavor or that size. We are shameless when it comes to asking questions so we can maximize the potential of the brands we represent.